Solid advice for anyone trying to maintain curly and wavy hair
I’ve put together a small list of Do’s and Don’ts that are important and helpful to know when trying to take care of your curly or even wavy hair! (Sometimes waves can turn into curls with the right care!). I kept the list short and simple to not overwhelm you, but please message me or comment below if you have any questions or need some advice or product suggestions. I am going on 5 years of my “healthy hair journey” and I’ve learned quite a lot about hair care techniques with clean beauty products so I would be more than happy to be of service to you! I want everyone to love their hair and one way to do that is to share what I know about caring for textured hair.
Now let’s get into it!
- Do NOT brush your curly hair when it’s dry!! This also applies to brushing your hair in the shower with your fingers while shampooing and conditioning. You think you’re getting the knots out, but you are actually messing with your curl pattern which increases frizz!
- Do brush your hair when it’s soaking wet with a wide tooth comb or Denman after you apply some detangler cream. Start from the ends and work your way to the roots. Short strokes! It’s best to apply some detangling cream to your wet hair before brushing for best results.
- Do NOT believe that a product is right for you because it’s all over Tik Tok or that it says it’s for curly hair or even if other people have had good results. Everyone’s hair can react to the same product differently. Don’t compare your results to others! Your hair is unique!!
- Do stick with products that are working for you!! It’s easy to want to try new things which is perfectly fine but keep things consistent.
- Do NOT think the same routine will get you the same results. Your hair products should switch up on wash day based on what your hair needs I.e more moisture, more protein, etc. You might swap out a product or add an extra. The weather and humidity levels play a factor in this as well.
- Do check 👏🏼 the 👏🏼 ingredients👏🏼 !!! Make sure your hair products are free of parabens, silicone, sulfate, etc. as well as too much alcohol. (The first 5 ingredients are most important when checking the label).
There’s a lot more advice I can give but I will save it for future posts so be sure you’re following this blog and bookmark this website to your browser. Please let me know if I could help you in any way. I can’t wait to connect!