What you need:
•Coconut oil (Raw, unrefined. From the grocery store) OR organic jojoba oil.
•Eyelash brush (used exclusively for your lashes)
•Eyebrow gel & filler
•Lip plumper (clear color)
- Starting with coconut oil or jojoba oil (my new go-to for moisturizing your skin). Rinse your face with cold water. Pat dry then apply some of your moisturizer or oil. It’ll give your face a nice shine however if you are using coconut oil, you may want to pat some areas with a tissue after about 5 minutes of letting it sit to wipe off any excess oil. The organic jojoba oil doesn’t leave your face as greasy as the coconut oil, but both are great for your skin. Just be aware that coconut oil may clog your pores when overused, so go easy!
Doing little things to enhance your features you already have can go a long way. Feel good about your appearance because you were so uniquely made.
- Next, gently brushing your lashes every morning can really improve your eye appearances (especially if you are wearing a mask, people notice eyes more than ever now). Go a step further and apply a little jojoba oil (or organic salve) to your lashes. Go light because if you get some in your eye it may make your vision a tad bit blurry for a few seconds lol Speaking from experience! The jojoba oil may help with lash growth as well!
- Now it’s time to curl those lashes with your lash curler! Look for one that won’t crease your lashes. You can find some decent quality ones at your local CVS pharmacy.
- Along with your eyes, are your eyebrows that can either hurt or help your look. Having the right shape and fill can dramatically enhance your appearance. That’s where the eyebrow brush, gel and filler comes in! Maybe you’ll consider the filler part makeup, whatever lol. Play around with your brows!! Get to know them! Brush them all in an upward direction and slowly shape your brows how you like. Use the filler to fill in any areas with little hair or to create a more prominent arch. A little goes a long way and for a more natural look, don’t go too crazy. Then use the gel to hold your brows in place. I found my brow gel and filler at Target!
I also suggest finding yourself a good eyebrow person whether you wax or thread them. Be clear with how you want your eyebrows to be shaped (each time you go because they can’t remember every one of their client’s wants. Speaking from experience!!!) and have them work with you to obtain that shape. It won’t be overnight but working with the same person who knows what your goal is will make it much more attainable!
- Lastly, some of you might pass on this especially if you are required to wear masks. But adding a clear lip plumper can really be the cherry on top for your natural look 💋 Don’t forget to apply some moisturizing lip balm beforehand (Burt’s bees is the way to go, organic salve and coconut oil can be used as well.)
[Can’t forget to mention! Your hair is equally as important but that discussion will be for another post 😅]
Now you’re ready to slay the day! 🌹
What do you think of this simple natural routine? I do this every single morning, I may skin the brow fill & gel on some days, but this is so quick and easy I do it right after brushing my teeth. It makes me feel refreshed and ready for the day without having to worry about removing any makeup at the end of the day. As a mom, I’m always looking for ways to simplify my routines so that I can keep up with them consistently. It’s easy to allow your self-care to go on the back burner, but we are no longer allowing that, right!? Right.
Now go be great Darling!